NEO-blogger Alicia from Poise in Parma tagged "whoever wants to" in her Eleven Things blog post today, so I'm picking up the baton.
11 Random Things
1. Low-carb ice cream frustrates me. The only "real" low-carb option seems to be Breyer's Carb Smart, which I can only find in vanilla. It tastes slightly of cardboard and sadness.
2. I'm kind of sick of people (mostly my family) telling me that I don't eat enough or that having some more food isn't going to hurt me. Um, yes, it will! Excuse me, I am trying not to get diabetes over here, thanks. I'm 25, I don't want diabetes until... well, preferably never. They're probably just jealous that I'm getting thin again.
3. Paxton is also frustrating me, a great deal more than low-carb ice cream is. He's currently having a growth spurt and teething molars and he's obsessed with trying to walk. This all adds up to his sleep schedule being thrown out the window and a lot of angry/frustrated tantrums. I had to get up at 5:20 this morning to calm him down before the alarm went off at 6:00. There is not enough coffee in the world.
4. This semester is actually a lot more difficult than last semester. I thought commuting 3 days a week instead of 5 was going to be helpful, but instead it has completely thrown off my schedule. Since Pax is growing up and starting to eschew naps in favor of activity (and he's easily bored), I get nothing of adult value done two days a week--I'm too busy re-reading board books, fetching puffs and rearranging baby gates. Cramming a 5-day week into 3 days on campus is proving more difficult than I'd first imagined.
5. I've recently discovered the wonders of TJ Maxx, Marshall's and Nordstrom Rack. I could waste hours shopping for clothes, but for now it's mostly window-shopping.
6. I've got to get costuming again--this coming May we're doing a Regency ball somewhere in NEO (details forthcoming) with the Rifles, which has me hoarding photos of gorgeous Regency ballgowns on Pinterest. A week later, we'll be packing up for World Steam Expo in Dearborn, MI. I need ideas for a steampunk baby costume!
7. Speaking of Pinterest, I am completely obsessed. Follow me here. There's a Nerdmama board!
8. Coming up with eleven things is really, really difficult. Damn.
9. Life with the iPad is sweet. It keeps proving itself surprisingly useful, to the point where I am beginning to resent having to use my cell phone or a computer. It even comes with me to the store--I feel a little pretentious using it for my grocery lists, but it's easier to keep track of then a piece of paper and a pen!
10. I bought new makeup last Avon campaign. My makeup was beginning to get crummy and the stuff I ordered is really nice (and cheaper than the drugstore brands I was using, if you can believe that). I am currently in a love-love relationship with Shine Attract Lipstick, which is a brand-new product... lip color wrapped in a clear medium that goes on like lipstick but shines like gloss. I have the "wrapped raisin" color. Loooooooooove. Go buy it, it's on sale for $4.99 and I can pretty much guarantee you won't be disappointed. I usually don't wear lipstick at all but getting to sample this stuff completely changed my mind.
11. My husband got a raise at work. We might be able to have iPhones again. This is kind of a big deal, because the prepaid phones we've been using have got to be the crappiest phones in the history of mankind. They freeze constantly, crash constantly, have next to no dedicated memory, and sometimes they turn themselves off for an hour or two at a time. No, the battery doesn't die--they just turn off and stay that way. Real winners, these phones.