A friend of mine on FaceBook posted a status this past week:
Dear Carters clothing company - Just what does a 5 month old put in the pockets you sew in
It's a good question. I'd like to know, too. Paxton has several different pairs of pants from several different manufacturers, including Carters, and mos
t of them have pockets. Not fake pockets, either, but actual pockets sewn into the front of tiny baby jeans.
The only objects I can think of that would fit into these pockets are items that are not age-appropriate for a five-month-old. Here's my list:
- A couple quarters, for when baby has to seek out a pay phone and call mommy to pick them and their friends up from the mall.
- A Volkswagen key fob, for those occasions where baby is the designated driver.
- An iPod shuffle, because you can't expect baby to function without tunes.
- A USB flash drive, so that baby can take his important files anywhere.
- A bottle of nail polish, for the baby who likes to accessorize.
- A prescription medication bottle, because babies like to have their medication close at hand.
- Business cards, because networking isn't just for grown-ups.
- A square of Russell Stover chocolate, for the baby with a sweet tooth.
What about your baby--what's in their pockets?