Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Birthing class.

My husband and I went to the first week of our birthing class yesterday... the only reason we're going back is because the class cost $90 and we didn't spend the money for nothing.

In any case, I think we stand a chance of getting kicked out for being disruptive. We have a serious, incurable case of the whispers/the giggles.

The instructor told us she was going to speak medical to us and then proceeded to refer to the uterus as "the baby's little apartment inside your body". The cervix is "the little door to the little apartment". Mucus plug? That's the little lock and key for the little door... um... yeah... there was only so much "little (noun)" I could take. I'm pretty sure I was making faces at parts, but the instructor was really ridiculous.

It only got worse with the "relaxation" part of the class. I don't think we stopped giggling. I can't handle guided meditation (it makes me uncomfortable), but I especially couldn't handle it with beaches where I was to become one with the sand and letting the color green take away my negative energy. I'm not even going to get into the part where the instructor attempted to tell us how to do kegels...

Just so that you don't think we're total jerks, the couple across from us had a few giggle fits, too.

Hopefully next week is better and less ridiculous...

No comments:

Post a Comment